I'm too fat. I hate my stomach. My thighs look terrible when they're not covered. I have so many stretch marks. And so on....And so on.
Boudoir photos. Scary stuff for some right? You may have always wanted to do one, but have been terrified at the thought of stripping down to your bare essentials in front of someone unknown. Especially daunting if you are less than comfortable with your body. No surprise there really....with the way woman are portrayed in media and magazines, the overuse of retouching and digital photo manipulation...it's a hard image to live up to right? Thing is...even these "perfect" women posing for these photos don't even look like themselves after photoshopping...case in point
So the first thing I'd like to state right now, and it's kind of a mantra you can keep in the back of your mind. Repeat after me...
"Every published image I see is not what the camera saw that day"
Now that's out of the way let me tell you something. You are living in a time where beauty doesn't come in a size, where fat shaming is being called out on a daily basis by the public and celebrities alike. It is a time of Amy Schumer calling out Glamour magazine for saying she's "plus sized" when she's really not (size 6-8 according to her). A time where unconventional beauties like Melissa McCarthy, and Lena Dunham are the "it girls" right now. You live in a time where Model Ashley Graham, a plus sized model and absolutely gorgeous, became the first plus sized model to grace the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. So I'd say it's a pretty good time to celebrate your body, no matter what it's size. Is this a hard and fast rule? of course not. Lets be honest, there's always at least one ass-hat. But the point is to make it about you right?
So you should celebrate your body, enjoy it, embrace it. One great way to do that (in my professional opinion) is to pamper yourself with boudoir photos. Here are some compelling reasons why a boudoir shoot may be for you
1. For Memories. Now you'll have proof when you’re older and catch yourself saying “I used to look like that” and someone doesn't believe you.
2. It can boost confidence and help you love every inch of yourself,no matter your size. The self-discovery and empowerment are only a plus! but it can be liberating in so many ways.
3. Having full on hair, makeup, and photo pamper can make you feel like a queen. It might even be addictive, you’ll want to do it all again next year. (I love repeat clients by the way)
4. The perfect way to commemorate something...anything...any excuse at all be it a weightloss milestone, age milestone, whatever
5. An excuse to go shopping for something frivolous! Also you’ll now have that sexy lingerie set for that special someone or event. Who doesn't love to play a little dress up, even as an adult.
6. Celebrate a transitional period. Newly engaged? Just had a baby? Milestone birthday? Anniversery? Heck, even a divorce! (in yo face)
7. Correct doubts! Thinking “I’m too big, or not pretty or confident enough”. Nonsense. As cliche as it sounds people come in all different shapes and sizes. The photographer knows how to make everyone look feminine and beautiful. That’s their job. You are a sexy female!
8. Recently single? What better way to celebrate being single and the return of your freedom and confidence. On the other side of that coin, newer relationship? why not surprise your new man with a sexy gift.
9. It’s not about sex. It’s about feeling sexy. Showing your pictures to friends or online is a confidence step in itself.
In closing, celebrate yourself, no matter if you're a size 5 or a size 25, It’s about not letting other people judge you and about you forming your own definition of beauty. It's 2016...it's what all the cool kids are doing